Modern medicine calls prostatitis one of the most common male diseases, which is often caused by a bacterial infection or an unhealthy lifestyle. What can be the treatment of prostatitis (the most effective pills, topical medications, other methods of therapy) - more in the article.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
Among the factors that cause the disease, it is worth noting:
- maintaining a sedentary lifestyle (for example, when taking a professional position that includes a long stay in a monotonous position: office workers, salespeople, etc. );
- chronic constipation;
- disturbed rhythm of sexual life, which occurs during excessive sexual activity, prolonged abstinence, incomplete ejaculation;
- the course of a chronic disease (cholecystitis, bronchitis, etc. ) or the presence of a chronic infectious focus (osteomyelitis, caries, tonsillitis, etc. );
- previous urological disease (for example, cystitis) or a disease whose route of transmission is sexual: gonorrhea, chlamydia, etc. ;
- chronic stress;
- non-compliance with proper nutrition;
- regular lack of sleep.
The disease most often occurs as a result of general hypothermia, exposure of the body to a specific infection, as well as with existing congestion in prostate tissues.
Bitan!The risk of pathology increases with chronic intoxication (for example, alcohol or nicotine).
Other studies confirm the etiological factor associated with chronic perineal injury.
This is often seen in professional cyclists, motorcyclists.
One of the main causes of the disease is congestion in the prostate tissues.
If the blood circulation in the capillaries is disturbed, it increases lipid peroxidation, tissue swelling and contributes to the development of infectious pathology.
The first symptoms of pathology are:
- increased urge to empty (discontinuity and difficulty in emptying);
- increase in total temperature;
- burning sensation in the perineum and urethra;
- pain syndrome that occurs during urination;
- erectile dysfunction (prolonged erection);
- the appearance of light fibers in the urine;
- general weakness;
- mental suppression, increased anxiety;
- reduced potency.
Drugs in the treatment of disease
Prostate treatment is carried out with the help of various drugs. The type of drug is determined depending on what contributed to the development of pathology. Complex therapy includes measures aimed at eliminating the causes of the disease, symptoms and increasing the protective function of immunity.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are considered to be the best drugs for the prostate that can relieve pain and inflammation. In addition, such drugs are effective in lowering overall body temperature.
This includes a drug for prostatitis from the group of phenylacetic acid derivatives in the form of suppositories and injections, as well as a drug from the group of ethanoic acid derivatives in the form of tablets and solutions. Despite their effectiveness, they have many contraindications for use, including diseases of the digestive tract.
For this reason, such drugs are prescribed for a shorter period of time (3 days of therapy after a 7-day break).
Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to every person diagnosed with the disease. When a certain microorganism or other factor is exposed to the organism, its reaction manifests itself in the form of an inflammatory process that will have to be eliminated.
Oral medications are rarely used. Suppositories and injectable solutions are the most effective. Tablets are prescribed if there is an organic pathology of the rectum (hemorrhoids, atresia, etc. ), which acts as an obstacle to the introduction of suppositories.
Antibiotics and antivirals
Modern effective drugs for prostatitis are antibacterial and antiviral.
In addition to tablets, solution for injection may be used.
Ointment antiviral drugs are used if prostatitis is caused by a viral infection.
The best way to strengthen the body's protective function and thus speed up recovery is an immunomodulator. Any inflammation, including one that occurs in the prostate, develops against the background of a decline in the immune system.
Immunomodulators should be prescribed only by a qualified physician who will correctly calculate the required dose and duration of therapy.
An effective agent that contributes to the normalization of urination is a selective competitive blocker of postsynaptic alpha1-adrenergic receptors. The drug has vasodilating, antispasmodic, hypotensive, hypolipidemic effect.
Contraindications to the use of tablets include hypersensitivity, obstruction of the digestive tract.
A new drug to treat prostatitis is a drug based on bovine prostate extract. The drug belongs to the group of organotropic substances and is of animal origin. It helps reduce the strength of tissue swelling, eliminate pain and inflammation.
Taking the drug reduces platelet aggregation, which helps prevent vascular thrombosis.
Hormonal drugs for this disease are prescribed if it is caused by excessive growth of prostate tissue. It is necessary to reduce the level of testosterone in the body, which helps to reduce the size of the gland, normalize the hormonal background and reduce the intensity of symptoms of pathology.
Only a doctor should prescribe hormone pills. Self-medication with such drugs can be dangerous, causing negative consequences.
Effective treatment of chronic prostatitis involves the use of herbal remedies of natural composition. It is possible to isolate the drug with extracts of the fruit of the palm Sabal and horsetail plant, whose components can accumulate in the tissues of the gland, thereby reducing the intensity of the inflammatory process.
In addition, its components strengthen the protective function of the immune system, help protect cells from free radicals. Such a powerful and effective drug eliminates difficulty urinating, relieves pain.
The most effective treatment is complex, when other medical methods are used in addition to medication. One of them is physical therapy.
Galvanization, electrophoresis with medicinal components, magnetotherapy and high-frequency currents are used in the treatment of prostatitis.
Physiotherapy treatment is often performed in conjunction with medications. This combination does not affect the effectiveness of both methods.
Side effects with the use of physiotherapy do not occur.
The exception is individual intolerance to one or another method, which is extremely rarely diagnosed.
The most effective medical procedure that can be reported at home is prostate massage. In this case, congestion is eliminated due to the normalization of blood circulation in the affected area.
The prostate is massaged through the anus or rectum.If no fluid is released during the massage, it indicates the presence of a serious complication.
If prostatitis is diagnosed at an early stage of development, you can try folk remedies therapy, which sometimes turns out to be quite effective.
For example, you can use the following components:
- parsley: 1 tbsp. l. pour a glass of boiling water over the leaves and leave to stand for one day, the finished product is taken orally before meals in an amount of 100 ml at a time;
- wormwood: 1 tbsp. l. mix the raw materials with 4 tbsp. l. dry thyme, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for one day, the finished product is taken orally 20 g three times a day;
- celandine: dissolve 1 drop of juice in 50 ml of warm water, take the finished product orally 10 drops 1 time per day;
- honey: added to tea and various dishes instead of sugar;
- propolis: mix 100 g of propolis with alcohol in a volume of 200 ml and leave for 7 days, take the finished product orally 1 tbsp. l. before sleeping.
With this disease, men must follow a special diet. Dietary characteristics are determined taking into account the nature of the development of the inflammatory process and its severity.
Exclude from your diet foods that contribute to an allergic reaction or worsen the pathology.
The following guidelines are also needed:
- exclusion of alcoholic beverages from the diet;
- complete rejection of spices, as well as canned foods, semi-finished products, spicy and salty foods;
- eat at the same time;
- exclusion of fried and smoked;
- fruits and vegetables should be subjected to minimal heat treatment.
Note!Prohibited foods include legumes, carbonated beverages, animal fat, sweets, and mushrooms.
On the contrary, it will be useful to use vegetable soup, dairy products, dried fruits and berries, vegetable oil, whole grain breads and bran, seafood.
Prevention of pathology
In order not to waste time and money on expensive treatment, it is worth taking care of disease prevention, which is divided into primary and secondary.
Primary disease prevention measures include those that improve blood circulation in the pelvic organs. This:
- maintaining an active lifestyle;
- gym visits;
- daily walks in the fresh air;
- performing special exercises;
- maintaining a proper diet;
- preventive massage;
- taking special medications (in some cases).
Secondary preventive measures are necessary if prostatitis has already begun to develop. The purpose of such prevention is the prevention of complications, recurrence of pathology and its transition to a chronic form.
In this case, it is necessary to maintain an active lifestyle, conduct special gymnastics, massage.
Treatment of the disease is carried out not only with the help of drugs, but also by other methods. The doctor determines which therapy will be the most effective for a certain person. It depends on the source of the disease and its characteristic features.
You should not choose medications yourself, you need to trust an expert on this issue.